Tuesday, February 8, 2011

a reminder

*I think it's time for me to do small update than giving big update but in random, unexpected times

well, today the same topic came into my mind, about my education and about what am I going to do in my future life

I'm enjoying the day today, watch the newest season of American Idol after one long downloading night and I started with episode 01 - audition in New Jersey
as what I expected as usual, there are people who desperately wanted to go to Hollywood so that he/she could continue the process of becoming an idol
some of them will continue as the judges love their voices and personality and some of them went home, leaving all the dream behind


I point on one girl, 16 years old girl with a good voice
She's counting her age until she could manage to join the American Idol contest and she recorded every special moments till she entered the judges room and finally she got her golden ticket
is there anything special? yes, from my point of view
the last statement from her," this is my time to shine and I'm 16"


there are two "I" points here which show self-centered
time to shine and lastly she stated the young age as self-glorification
well, the judges finally approved her talent and let her move on



See from other contestant, another 16 year old boy named Travis Orlando with smooth voice from Bronx, my favorite kind of voice
It was started with a story about his family and how they survived during the past years and this might be hope for them
then he sang two songs which made them impressed
after the good news, all of his family got into the judging room and praised God
last statement from him
"we've been down as a family altogether but I really wanna do this for them and prove to other people that everyone can do this"
and we got values here
1. to be grateful for anything
2. love one and another as a family
3. other-people-centered life


So what's the correlation with me this time?
well, nothing actually
but no... after watching American Idol this time, I got to be reminded about what's my purpose of life, what's God's promise for me and how to be humbled and surrender wholly to him
and thinking about my future, I'm starting my IBT training today, thanks to the internet

so, that's how you suppose to watch the Idol =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment