Monday, October 18, 2010

The best medicine

It's been a week since I got this sick
Now I know the feeling of being ill in foreign country
bringing back memory of home where I could get all the treatments and love from my family
Well, last time I went to two doctors, why?
The first doctor didn't even check my body
I said I had coughed a lot then he gave me this prescription
I didn't really know what is written in the box so I asked one of my 老师 (teacher) and he said that all the medicines that he gave were all for allergic (what?!)
and I ended coughing all the time during the class that day
I went to another doctor that day and I brought one of my more chinese-fluent friend to help
and finally I got all the fever and cough medicine that I needed

yeah, finally I could get better in the next few days
can't wait for that
yeah, finally I could get better and better
but still, my cough still in acute condition
I have drunk one big bottle of cough medicine and I stucked in this acute condition
well.....
You know all my posts will always be happy ending, but yeah almost

Before I conclude that, let me tell a few things
1. Disease and illness are coming from our disobedience towards Him
Why?
let me start with this verse

1 corinthians 3:16
Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's spirit lives in you?

flashback to few weeks before you got that sickness
what have you done with your body?
have you eaten properly? what have you eaten?
how many hours you sleep everyday?
do you do sport or do you sit in front of the computer all day?

and now.... you get that sickness and telling that God gave the sickness
You said that God want to test you
BAH!
You have been disobedient with Him and what you can get more?

2. People tend to pity themselves
This is the worst thing ever
but shame on me first XD
Why?

Jeremiah 30:15
Why do you cry out over your hurt? Your pain is incurable because your guilt is great, because your sins are flagrant, I have done these things to you

2 Corinthians 7:10
For Godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death

Seeing so many people posting their miserable status on social updates really made me think over and over again how people are craving for attention
people's notice and comment sometimes made their heart cheered for a moment but then it went away like nothing has happened
to pity ourselves means that we deny that God exists, really?
Yeah it is
You realize that you are weak and you cannot do anything to drag you away from the problem or sickness in this matter
that's a good start, but the next respond should be like this:
"God, I know I'm weak. I know I can't handle this sickness myself. Even the best medicine in this world cannot cure my illness, but one thing for sure that I know that you are capable. You are the one who strong who complete my weakness. and in the name of Jesus Christ then my sickness now healed"

FAITH
"one thing that absence in your heart in your self pity state"

to end my story....
I kept on telling myself that I am healed
no sickness that can block me from Him
even I coughed a lot, I tried to sing many of worshipping songs
even I was sick, I tried to convince myself that I can survive in the class than staying at dorm

and now my condition has gotten better and better
Thanks to Him, I learned this new thing
Be blessed =D

3 comments:

Queen Sophia said...

i like this one :) so much...keep writing...and probably someday we can collaborate to publish our stories of walking with God :)...together with the other christian writers :)

denny saputra said...

Yeah, of course anggit. Make sure your blog also updated and published so more people can read and be blessed by it
God bless! =D

Novela said...

feel blessed... thanks Den...

Post a Comment