Friday, November 5, 2010

A story of a believer (1)


I was walking alone today to the gym and like usual I got this idea out of nowhere
to make short conversations than making long explanation.
well, that doesn't mean I hate explaining, but this is a fresh idea I think.
shortly to the story:

A: Hey B, how can you be so rich that fast? I really want to be like you, can you tell me how?

B: hmmm.... so easy, I never so worry about my money, I have been giving some of my money to the church, to the poor, to the people in need, whoever they are.

A: You said you gave your money to other, you suppose to lose some of your money, but how can you get more?

B: Have you ever heard about giving better than receiving?

A: HUH??! Since when giving is better than receiving, I love receiving present, love, or money. I don't really like giving.

B: That's the point. When you receive something from other, what do you think about their feeling? happy? sad? dissapointed?

A: hmmmm.... good question, I think they felt like the way I felt I think...... Felt something lost from them.

B: Yes, some of them could be thinking like that, but the real meaning of giving is different.
When you give, you think about what they need, not what you need. People oftenly expect something back from the people they give. They love so that they will be loved, they give money so that someday they can get something from them. We give so that many people see that we give.

A: That's true, but still, how can you be so rich after giving? Are you a debt collector or something?

B: Let's see

Exodus 23 : 25
"You shall serve the Lord you God, and I will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you"

When you give, means you do God's work in other's life, and at that time, God will do your work. He will bless you more and He'll give you back, multiplied!

A: Oh, I see. Okay, this week I will go to the church with you. I want to give some of my money.

B: Okay, glad to hear that.

It's been a month since A joined B to the church

A: B, you lied! Why haven't I got rich like you? And what make it worst, I am getting poorer!

B: Check your heart, how do you pray?

A: I prayed so that I can be rich like you.

B: What?! Let me tell you this. When you give, you're not suppose to expect some giving back and let the money be used for those who need.

A: I see, okay then, from now on, I'll give you money.

B: Huh? for what?

A: I'll give you money so that every week you can give more, then you can get more. Next time I'll ask my money with the share of course.

B: --''

1 comments:

Darius Peter L. said...

hoho very good conversation nih, yuk tulis2 blog about How great is our God, ( hobby br gw ngeblog nih, haha)

Post a Comment